[Sigia-l] IA research?

Karl Fast karl.fast at pobox.com
Mon Apr 26 17:06:44 EDT 2004

> simply pointing out the fallacy of researchism as a necessary
> predictor.

Perhaps, though this is often due to the nature of research.

I would like to add that having a research component is often
critical to validating a profession in the eyes of others (and even
within the eyes of the community). While this may not be the case
for a profession like plumbers, it is more likely to be important
for knowledge worker type of professions.

My personal opinion is tha IA can got a long ways without an "IA
research program," but I think it would help in many ways.

--karl
http://www.livingskies.com/