[Sigia-l] IA research?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Mon Apr 26 17:30:50 EDT 2004

"Karl Fast" wrote:

>> simply pointing out the fallacy of researchism as a necessary
>> predictor.
>
> Perhaps, though this is often due to the nature of research.

OK, don't blame me for that too, I'm not controlling it. :-)

> I would like to add that having a research component is often
> critical to validating a profession in the eyes of others (and even
> within the eyes of the community).

Don't you find it a bit disturbing that a 'profession' needs 'research' not
because it's intrinsically needed/useful but because it's to be used for
validation? That, I suppose, sums up the difference between research and
researchism.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba