[Sigia-l] announcing the launch of the AIfIA Job Board

Sean Lawrence slawrence at lucidvagary.com
Fri Jun 20 12:28:46 EDT 2003

> Sean, I'm really not sure what service *would* guarantee your next job.

I'm simply replying to the post based on the merits of its content.  The
post advertised a job board that could potentially be attractive to
employers and all you have to do is join to have access to the jobs
database.  It doesn't mention the added benefits of membership.  I mispoke
when I said guaranteed to deliver, I should have said "And spend 40 bucks
for a service that isn't necessarily going to have a significant amount of
listings or even be attractive to employers."  Honestly, I can't be certain
the HR departments of companies would post on this site as opposed to a job
board with greater exposure and coverage like Monster or Hot Jobs.

>>I'd
>be pretty shocked if you found one on a free service like >Monster; their
IA
>positions are a lot different than what most people on this list >would
>typically look for.

That could be because companies aren't feeling the demand for IA in this
economy as they had previsously.  Personally, I am glad there is such a
resource, but for the foreseeable future I think it will only be filled with
jobs from boutique firms who are involved in the IA field and thus probably
won't be producing many relevant finds until the economy is on very sound
feet again.

Just my 2 cents.

Sean