[Sigia-l] announcing the launch of the AIfIA Job Board

David Heller hippiefunk at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 12:59:33 EDT 2003

As a member of AIfIA I just sent in a job posting for a UI Designer.
I do not use the major job boards b/c they don't have a focus to them.
The e-mail lists though are very good, but knowing that these people are
dedicated to promoting and advocating for IA (big and small) is a huge
benefit to my job hunt in a market where there are more candidates than
positions. I would get overrun w/ responses if I didn't use a more
focused approach.

That is the benefit of any employer who really cares about the strength
of their UX/IA departments.

Now, the benefits of joining any professional organization is totally up
to the person joining the organization. Can't belong to them all and
they do all overlap to such an extreme that it really is about
relationships and mission as opposed to description of group. How to
choose? How to choose?

On a separate note, do any of the other oganizations UPA, SIGCHI, or
AIGA-ED have job boards?

-- dave