[Sigia-l] Why Good Content Must Suck: Designing for the Scent of Information - Jared Spool

Jon Hanna jon at spin.ie
Mon Jan 13 07:03:10 EST 2003

> One could do worse that reading "Influence: the Psychology of
> persuasion" by Robert Cialdini to see that the underlying concepts
> surrounding why people "convert" haven't changed too much in the last
> decade - probably not in the last several million years asfar as I
> can tell.

You're use of the word "convert" pushed by train of thought further into the
religious metaphor and I recalled that some of the fastest-growing religions
in the West are religions which prohibit proselytising (Ba'hai and Wicca
would be two). Perhaps there is a lesson in that for those seeking to give
their content a stronger "pull".