[Sigia-l] "Study: Content Management Tools Fail"

Listera listera at rcn.com
Thu Feb 27 20:05:09 EST 2003

"Livia Labate" wrote:

> Like you said, impunity will always shield the problem.

Well, going a step forward, without placing the "blame" squarely where it
belongs, the individuals (and the organization as a whole) don't learn.

> I am not going to consider those that don't give a damn about their job. I am
> talking about the ones that are trying to do a good one.

What about the well-meaning ones who are simply incompetent or inexperienced
and thus unqualified for their positions? Why give them a pass?

> The answer (in this context of course) is in knowing what you ask for and
> making sure it is delivered. If you work towards that goal you will not waste
> time looking for people to blame.

The organization/company (the 'injured' party here) should look for the
target of the blame. For its own good. Those that don't do an adequate
post-mortem (which involves blame apportioning) will fail to learn.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba