[Sigia-l] "Study: Content Management Tools Fail"

Livia Labate liv at livlab.com
Thu Feb 27 19:53:19 EST 2003

> Looking for people to blame is not going to solve it.
: Why not?

quoting you:
"IT directors whose projects are botched seldom get demoted or fired. In
that environment,it's easy for vendors to sell unto "hapless" clients and IT
directors who
buy what others do (with safety in numbers) are given a pass. So the miasma
continues."

Like you said, impunity will always shield the problem. I am not going to
consider those that don't give a damn about their job. I am talking about
the ones that are trying to do a good one. The answer (in this context of
course) is in knowing what you ask for and making sure it is delivered. If
you work towards that goal you will not waste time looking for people to
blame.

Livia Labate