[Sigia-l] We could just use whiteboards instead.

Marc Rettig mrettig at well.com
Mon Aug 18 00:03:36 EDT 2003

Ziya,
What you say is true. I guess by "accessible," I wasn't so much talking about
whether or not it could be done electronically. When I wrote the sentence I was
picturing myself in front of the wall, able to see, discuss, and manipulate the
whole product at once whether I was alone or in a group, then refer back through
time or look at annotations with nothing more than a gesture. There was no pause
to click through a folder looking for the right file, for example. Just see and
do. For the electronic tool to be this convenient, it would have to be wired to
one really huge mama display. For starters.

And er, not that you implied this, but I thought I would say it anyway: I'm not
really interested in convincing anyone to work the way I work, or use the tools I
use. I'm just reporting what has repeatedly worked well for me and my teams, on
projects of various scales and goals. I appreciate what you and others are sharing
about digital tools -- I'm learning from this conversation.

- Marc