[Sigia-l] visio feature improvements

Phillip Golub phil at meticulous.com
Mon Apr 14 17:42:51 EDT 2003

Listera wrote:

>a tool whose own app design and GUI is antithetical to good design
sense and sensibilities

Oh I won't argue with you there.  Like I said in my original post, Visio
has a lot of shortcomings.  I've stayed up many a late night trying to
make Visio work and look the way I'd like it to, but frankly I have had
worse luck with the other tools.

>we might as well give up design/IA, declare 'crap' the new standard

Yes, I would agree that there are a lot of sites that are, to use your
word, "crap".  But one thing has nothing to do with the other.  If you
have a suggestion for a better single tool that can rapidly produce
diagrams, prototypes, etc., please let us know.  Until then, I'll
continue to use Visio.  Hey, I love my Mac, and would love to have an
alternative to a Microsoft product, but frankly, we have a hard enough
time defining our role/discipline without arguing even the basic concept
of a 'ubiquitous' or 'standard' tool that can be used (with a little
finagling) on both platforms.

Phillip L. Golub
Freelance Information Architect
NY 917.441.4530