[Sigia-l] width limits for a body of text

Jon Hanna jon at spin.ie
Thu Nov 21 07:17:38 EST 2002

> Sounds like there's a holy war going on, here. Was Peter Berndt's original
> query really a question of either a) leaving everything up to the user to
> decide vs. b) determining what line length is best for the "user" and
> forcing it on her?

Didn't read like that to me. When I (unintentionally) started this holy war
my intention was to *add* the advantages of a user being able to control the
length to the comments that had already been made (by people far more
knowledgeable in the field than myself).

I still maintain that it is good for a user to be able to adjust for
readability (of for that matter to adjust window size for another reason
without having to scroll horizontally). It's also good for a user not to
have to do so :)