[Sigia-l] The value of "Beauty" or whatever...

Christopher Fahey [askrom] askROM at graphpaper.com
Wed Jul 17 17:44:59 EDT 2002

Even if there was no evidence whatsoever that beautiful design improved
performance, I would still seek to  make sure that the work I do is
beautiful.

We should take pride on a personal level (and as a society) in our
ability to increase the amount of beauty in the world with the things
that we design and build. If I have to work an extra few hours or ask my
client to pay a little extra money to make something beautiful, even if
such time and expense does not help the site work any better, I will do
so.

A site's ability to satisfy user- and business goals is only a
foundation. Take pride in your work: make it pretty, too. I'd be
embarassed to sign my name on something that looks ugly, even if it
works perfectly and makes everybody a ton of money.

If you're not making the world more beautiful, you're making it more
ugly. There are more important things in the world than ROI.

-Cf

[christopher eli fahey]
art: http://www.graphpaper.com
sci: http://www.askrom.com