[Sigia-l] 3-D workflows

Clifton Evans clifton at infostyling.com
Tue Jul 9 20:41:35 EDT 2002

> That a zoom and pan method, or a drilldown method is a lot more useful.

Outside of the traditional web interface, I would think that most of these
are elements taken from a 3d environment.

It should be said that I didn't necessarily mean 3d 'Fly Through' or first
person 'Shooter' experiences like in video games or on TV.

I was referring more to using added dimensions to explain or to detail, and
like we've said here, this can involve time and hyperspace. These are
dimensions 4 and 5, if I'm not mistaken. The XYZ axis can be also used
particularly well, especially if it is presented in two dimensions.

It's a shame the the term '3d' has developed such negative connotations in
the online communities. It could be put to such good use if it was given a
bit of space to grow. No pun intended.

Perhaps it should always be written with a small 'd' until it gets the
respect it deserves.

Clifton Evans