[Sigia-l] 3-D workflows

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue Jul 9 21:03:15 EDT 2002

"Clifton Evans" wrote:

> It's a shame the the term '3d' has developed such negative connotations in
> the online communities. It could be put to such good use if it was given a
> bit of space to grow.

DTP didn't take off until visual PostScript authoring tools came about. Web
authoring didn't really take off until visual editors appeared. CSS
(positioning) won't be widespread until visual editors can properly deal
with the box model layout. Etc.

While there have been 3D authoring environments, I suspect until we see the
proverbial PageMaker or PageMill of 3D, we won't see much adoption. It would
also help if 3D tried to solve a real and acute problem in our world. :-)

Best,