[Sigia-l] Charlotte IA/UX Cocktail Hour: Weds Dec 18 at Southend Brewery 7:00 pm

Samantha Bailey a2slb at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 10 09:22:10 EST 2002

What: December Charlotte IA & UX Cocktail Hour
Location: SouthEnd Brewery 2100 South Boulevard, Charlotte, NC View Map
When: Wednesday, December 18, 7:00pm
Phone: 704.358.4677

 It's time for the December Charlotte IA & UX meeting: this time it's the
social/networking one, so you can come to talk shop, or not, as the mood
suits. We can play misery poker regarding power outages during the Ice Storm
of 2002. Please join us at Southend Brewery on Wednesday, 12/18 from 7-9.

A few other reminders:

*Next month we're going to begin our discussion of content management
systems. We're hoping to kick this off with a guest speaker: Carter Hansen,
a CMS expert.

*If you have indexing expertise and are interested in freelancing, let me
know--I may have a lead for you.

*Unfortunately it's not just the holiday season--it's also layoff season. If
you know of any job leads, locally or elsewhere, please bring them to share.
Thanks!

Samantha Bailey
samantha at baileysorts.com | http://baileysorts.com

"Do you know what that trick is? Magicians would call it the redirection.
A theologian would note that it parallels a theme found in all religions:
the paradox of turning away from the goal to achieve the goal."
-Karl Fast