[Sigia-l] The question of a conference in Portland OR

George Olsen george.olsen at pobox.com
Wed Aug 14 14:09:34 EDT 2002

David R. Austen said:
> Some may consider flying into Seattle en route to Portland (to save on
> air fares or enjoy additional sight-seeing opportunities). Please note
> that there are about 4 rail services each day connecting the two
> cities. I have enjoyed taking this train.

Admittedly it's less convenient, but you may also want to consider flying
into Seattle and then using a local carrier like Alaska Airlines to get
to/from Portland. I'm sure this would be considerably cheaper than getting
a connecting flight on an international carrier, and it may be worth
trying to book this separately to see if you can get a better deal.

George Olsen                           george at interactionbydesign.com
User Experience Architect                                310-993-0467