[Sigia-l] The question of a conference in Portland OR

David R. Austen dausten at hoosier.net
Wed Aug 14 08:50:55 EDT 2002

Hello, Richard, Eric, and all:

Some may consider flying into Seattle en route to Portland (to save on
air fares or enjoy additional sight-seeing opportunities). Please note
that there are about 4 rail services each day connecting the two
cities. I have enjoyed taking this train.

Portland is a jewel amongst American cities. I commiserate with you,
Eric, but I think we will all enjoy a visit to this lovely region. I
was not certainly consulted on this choice, but it would be very high
on my own list of choices for conference venues.

Best regards,

David