[Sigia-l] IA Summit 2003

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Wed Aug 14 08:01:43 EDT 2002

Eric, You comments are appreciated.  Seattle was considered as a city, but
it is much more expensive.  Room nights, the cost to you, would be over
$200 a night in Seattle at that time of year, vs. $119 in Portland.  We
took this as a very important factor in selecting a venue.

Airport locations are frequently less expensive than downtown venues, but
the group has consistently said it prefers downtown. Thus, we could get
"reasonable" rates in Boston and San Francisco because we were at
airports.  For downtown locations, you usually have to add %50 - $75/night
in those cities.

Dick Hill