[Sigia-l] The fuzzy line btwn IA and Design

PeterV peter at poorbuthappy.com
Mon Apr 29 10:44:37 EDT 2002

>Yesterday I was in a meeting where we were preparing for a pitch. I
>started by explaining the initial IA (what they were looking at was
>wireframes taped to the wall) and then we reviewed individual design comps
>that were supposed to be based upon the IA. The question that came up
>constantly was "Is the design true to the IA?"

That's a good example. It never happened to me personally. Maybe it's just
that I never presented them side by side - I'd always discuss wireframes,
and at some other meeting we'd be talking about visual designs. (Not on
purpose, that's just how it happened)

Have other people had this problem of clients confusing wireframes (that
are kept "un-visual-design-like") with visual design and questioning the
relationship between both? Was it when you were presenting both?
PeterV
http://petervandijck.net
http://liga1.com