[Sigia-l] Book Club?

Dan Brown brownorama at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 08:33:32 EDT 2002

I'm thinking about starting a local IA book club.
(Given that most IAs in my area seem to work in
isolation, this seems like a good way to get people
together regularly to talk shop.)

Has anyone started an IA book club in their area? If
so, has it been successful? Any "best practices" you
can recommend? (Also, if there are folks in the
DC/Balto area who are keen, please let me know so I
can gauge interest...)

Also, I'm looking for recommendations for a First
Books, provided Christina's, Jesse's, and Peter's
don't come out before we get started. Obviously, there
are many books related to the practice, but I'm
looking for recommendations that will lead to
particularly good discussion.

Please send your replies directly to me, off-list, and
I'll compile and post a summary.

Thanks,
-- Dan

PS: I scanned through InfoSense in the store
yesterday. It looked pretty good, but got mixed
reviews on Amazon. Anyone read this? Is it good?