[Sigmed-l] FW: ASIST SIG planning information

Louisa Worthington Rogers elworthi at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 19 11:56:51 EST 2007

Jim,
Here is the original message.  Nancy also requested this for the minutes.
I've copied this to KT Vaughan per her request at the SIG planning session.
Do you as Chair follow up with these ideas - or how do we proceed?
Thanks,
Louisa

____________________________
Louisa Worthington Rogers
Biology, Medicine & Neurosciences Librarian
M.I.T. Science Library 14S-134
Cambridge, MA 02139
elworthi at mit.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Louisa Worthington Rogers [mailto:elworthi at mit.edu]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 5:40 PM
To: 'Andrews, James'
Subject: ASIST information

Greetings Jim,

I've been running bioinformatics programs for several days, so all else was
put on the back burner.

Here is the info from the ASIST SIG planning meeting.
1.  biomedical informatics, with emphasis on ontologies - CR

2.  Part 2 of Deborah Swain's study on NCPHIP (MED co-sponsored part 1 this
year)- KM

3. standards, such as semantic inoperability - no standard yet) - DL, CR

4.  UMLS update - no co-sponsors found for this

I think this gives us a lot to work with.  I suggest we send email to our
SIG mail list to solicit other ideas or more discussion on these. K.C.
Vaughn would like this preliminary list.  Shall I send or you as Chair?
Thanks,
Louisa

Greetings from Courtney.

elworthi at mit.edu