[Sighfis-l] IE- Publishing Project

Marti Smith msmith at infoethics.org
Sat May 4 08:11:42 EDT 2002

Hi to All,
   Recently I've been invited to edit a special Perspectives
issue of JASIST on Global Information Ethics.  Toni Carbo
has agreed to co-edit.  I invite all of your insights and
contributions as we prepare for this issue.  We could
probably anticipate publication around 2004, so we have
time to plan.
Kind regards,
Marti Smith

>Hello Everybody
>As Marti's name comes in I'd like to mention that she is an active member of
>ICIE (International Center for Information Ethics): http://icie.zkm.de , led by
>Rafael Capurro. ICIE is yet another node in the network we might try and build
>with a view to expand discussion of Ethics.
>What is particularly critical in particular with respect to the preparation of
>the so-called world summit of the information society where TICs (ICT in latin
>languages) are far more apparent than Ethics, IMO.
>Michel
>

>Friday, May 03, 2002, 2:26:27 AM, you wrote:
>

>RS> I know that Marti Smith is very interested in information ethics and also in SIG-HFIS. Perhaps we can find an intersection, and do some program planning for 2003 at our meeting in Philadelphia
>RS> this fall.
>
>RS> R. Smiraglia

Martha M. Smith, Ph. D.
Distance Education Co-ordinator