[Siged-l] SIG ED activities at ASIS&T AM 07

Michelle Kazmer mkazmer at fsu.edu
Mon Oct 8 21:53:32 EDT 2007

We look forward to seeing those of you who are members of SIG ED, and
those who are interested in education for information science and
technology, at our ASIS&T AM 07 events:

SIG ED planning meeting: Monday, October 22, 5-6 p.m., Gilpatrick C

SIG ED sessions at AM 07:

Monday, October 22, 1:30 p.m. "Social Computing in LIS Education:
Teaching what we do, by doing what we do." Paul Marty, Candy
Schwartz, Julie Hersberger, Brad Hemminger and Michael Twidale

Monday, October 22, 3:30 p.m. "Approaches to teaching and learning
information retrieval." (SIGs ED, HCI, DL). Efthimis Efthimiadis,
Jamie Callan and Ray Larson

Tuesday, October 23, 8:30 a.m. "Information behavior in developing
countries: Research, issues, and emerging trends." (SIGs USE, III,
ED). Johannes Britz, Bharat Mehra, Kevin Rioux, Dania Bilal, Lokman
Meho and Michel Menou

Tuesday, October 23, 2:15 p.m. Student award winning papers.

We also hope to see many of you at the Welcome Reception on Sunday,
October 21, at 6:30 p.m. Each SIG will have a table; please stop by
and find out more about SIG ED.

Sincerely,
Michelle Kazmer, SIG ED chair (mkazmer at fsu.edu)
Ingrid Hsieh-Yee, SIG ED chair-elect