[Students-l] Exec Director job, PT, int'l virtual office

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Wed Jan 9 16:27:00 EST 2008

If you know someone who would be interested in a part time Exec. Dir.
position that is virtual, feel free to contact as described below.  This
position involves working with some of the top web designers, usability and
interaction designers, etc, so there can be excellent spill-over benefits.

IAI is a professional membership organization.

Executive Director, IA Institute

The Information Architecture Institute (iainstitute.org) is seeking a
part-time Executive Director.  The ED serves as the Institute's chief
administrative officer, responsible for administration of the Institute's
business, finances and personnel within the framework of budgets, policies,
and practices established by the Board.  He/she will oversee staff
management and daily operations in all areas; establish a strong
administrative structure for the organization; work closely with Board of
Directors to understand and execute Board vision for the organization;
supervise our two current staffers (Membership/Volunteer Coordinator and
Operations Manager); and facilitate effective and efficient working
relationships between Board and staff.

Experience managing a non-profit organization and a working knowledge of
bookkeeping routines and tax issues is required.  Association experience and
an understanding of the user experience and information architecture domains
are desired.  Initially, the job load is estimated at 20 hours a week, and
this is expected to rise as our organization matures. Compensation will be
determined on the basis of experience and qualifications.

If this sounds interesting, write to me personally at: elr at e-reiss.com.
Tell me why you want the job, why you think you'd be great at it, and
remember to attach your CV.

About the IA Institute
The Information Architecture Institute supports individuals and
organizations specialized in the design and construction of shared
information environments. Founded in 2002, the organization has grown
steadily and currently has 1600 members in over 80 countries. For more
information, please visit www.iainstitute.org.

Eric Reiss
President
The Information Architecture Institute
www.iainstitute.org

_____
Richard B. Hill
Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
Fax: (301) 495-0810
Voice: (301) 495-0900