[Studentchapadv] Question for ASIST Student Members

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Fri Nov 20 12:01:22 EST 2009

We learned at the Annual Meeting in Canada that many students, on student
visas, were advised they could not leave the US without going home and
re-applying.

As we may think about another meeting in Canada or elsewhere outside the US,
did you receive this advice?  Is that your understanding or your visa
status?

Please reply to me, rhill at asis.org, not to the list.

And we understand that the above is not always the case and that legal or
university advisors may well adopt the safest stance.

Dick Hill

_____
Richard B. Hill
Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
Fax: (301) 495-0810
Voice: (301) 495-0900