[Studentchapadv] Student Chapters

Candy Schwartz candy.schwartz at simmons.edu
Fri Apr 22 17:57:30 EDT 2005

Hi all -

[Please also forward to your students in any way you can.]

I would appreciate your input on this project. I have volunteered to
prepare a report for the President and the Board on student chapters.
What I would like to do is some fresh thinking about what constitutes a
student chapter (especially in the context of virtual classrooms), how
students are assigned to student chapters, what we should expect of
student chapters, how we can help student chapters, and how we can
encourage student chapters.

For now, if you have any thoughts to share with me or with the list,
sing out. What would make your student chapter's life better/easier?
What has worked for those of you with virtual student chapters, and what
hasn't What can be done to help dormant chapters, or should anything be
done? What kinds of programs might be offered for all students over the
whole year? What about at conferences? What is your experience with
student chapters of other organizations?

Thanks for all and any of your thoughts

Candy
Candy Schwartz
Simmons College GSLIS, 300 The Fenway