[Sigvis-l] ASIST SIG III InfoShare Membership Award Winners

Caryn Anderson caryn.anderson at simmons.edu
Tue Jan 9 22:09:09 EST 2007

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of Vika Kravchyna, co-coordinator of the InfoShare program,
and all our fellow officers of the Special Interest Group for
International Information Issues (SIG-III) of the American Society
for Information Science and Technology (ASIST), I am pleased to
announce the winners of the InfoShare awards for 2007.
(http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGIII/index.htm)

Information professionals from developing countries, where the cost of
ASIST membership would be a burden, are eligible to receive one year
of membership. SIG-III officers vote on a roster of candidates
nominated by ASIST colleagues or others. These memberships are funded
by monies raised at the International Reception during the ASIST
Annual Meeting. 2006 was a very successful year for the reception in
Austin, Texas and we are thrilled to be able to offer memberships to
ten outstanding professional candidates and two student candidates:

Professional Members

1. P.R. Goswami (India)
2. J.K. Vijayakumar (Antigua/India)
3. Ify Njoku (Nigeria)
4. Ala'a Al-Din Jawad Kadhem Al-Radhi (Iraq)
5. Elsa Esperanza Barber  (Argentina)
6. Premila Gamage (Sri Lanka)
7. Besim Kokallari (Kosovo)
8. John Achakeng Nkemka (Cameroon)
9. Muhammad Shafiq (Pakistan)
10. Oleh Volokhin (Ukraine)

Student Members

11. Henry Mulidnwa (Uganda)
12. Debal Chandra Kar (India)

You can learn more about the winners at the InfoShare page of the
SIG-III web site: (http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGIII/index.htm)

Please welcome these new members into the ASIST community!

Caryn Anderson
Vika Kravchyna
InfoShare
SIG-III