[Sigvis-l] SIG VIS panels for ASIST 2007

Neal, Diane DNeal at mail.twu.edu
Fri Jan 5 11:14:22 EST 2007

Dear SIG VIS members,

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a lovely holiday.

The ASIST 2007 panel submission deadline  is January 21.  The theme of the conference is "Joining Research and Practice: Social Computing and Information Science."  The call for papers is available at http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM07/am07cfp.html.

SIG VIS members have suggested the following panel ideas:

-- Tagging of multimedia objects, possibly including the utilization of users' reactions in multimedia representation.  We could ask SIG CR if they would like to co-sponsor this with us.  (I would be interested in serving as a panelist on this topic, and I might have a colleague interested in it too.)

-- Visualization theory, maybe specifically focusing on art and film visualization

 If anyone has any other panel ideas, or would be interested in participating on either one of the panels suggested above, please let us know as soon as possible.  We only have about two weeks to submit our panel(s), and the beginning of the semester is coming soon for those of us in academia...

Sincerely,
Diane Neal and Ray Uzwyshyn
Co-Chairs, SIG VIS

Diane Neal, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Texas Woman's University
School of Library and Information Studies
P.O. Box 425438
Denton, TX 76204-5438
940-898-2152
dneal at mail.twu.edu