[Siguse-l] Call for Expression of Interests in "Connecting Teaching and Research" Session at ALISE 2018

Rong Tang rong.tang at simmons.edu
Mon Nov 6 17:26:11 EST 2017

Dear all,

For those of you who are interested.

===

Dear Colleagues,

We are organizing a new session, “Connecting Teaching and Research,” for
the ALISE 2018 Conference in Denver.  Designed primarily to benefit new
faculty and doctoral students, we hope to attract attendees looking for
advice and those with expertise to share.  Using the World Café Discussion
format, the goals for the session are to develop a conceptual framework and
identify critical success factors for bridging teaching and research.

Potential discussion themes include:  (1) using research to inform
teaching; (2) using teaching to inform research; (3) bridging teaching and
research; and (4) challenges in faculty development both in teaching and in
scholarship.

The session is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, from
8:30am to 10:00am.

In order to ensure we organize the session to meet the needs of potential
participants, we ask anyone who might attend to provide us with some
background information about their teaching and research interests and
challenges.

If you think you might attend the session, please take a few minutes to
fill out a brief survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/alise2018

Thank you.

Rong Tang, Simmons

Stephen Bajjaly, Wayne State

===

--
Rong Tang, PhD.
Associate Professor

Director for External Relations, Association for Library and Information
Science Education
rong.tang at simmons.edu
1-617-521-2880 <(617)%20521-2880>