[Siguse-l] New chair elect

Lynn Westbrook lynnwest at ischool.utexas.edu
Mon Oct 3 00:45:29 EDT 2011

Thanks very much to all of your who voted for our new chair-elect.  We were fortunate to have, as SIG USE always does, genuinely outstanding candidates willing to give three years to the SIG.  Lynn Sipiligni Connaway (Sr. Research Scientist at OCLC) and Denise Agosto (Associate Professor at Drexel University) were our candidates for the 2012-2013 chair.

Although the vote was close, Denise Agosto will be our chair elect.   She will be chair-elect for the 2011-2012 year of Lorri Mon's tenure, then chair in her right for 2012-2013, and finally past-chair in 2013-2014.  By stepping up for all of this 3-term cycle, Denise will help maintain the continuity of SIG USE development.

Please join me in expressing our deep appreciation to Lynn and our warm welcome to Denise.

Lynn Westbrook, SIG USE chair 2010-2011
School of Information
University of Texas at Austin
512/232-7831