[Siguse-l] SIG Use Discussion List

Kyungwon Koh kwk05 at fsu.edu
Tue Apr 19 16:52:36 EDT 2011

Hi, I am Kyungwon Koh, a doctoral candidate from Florida State University School of Library and Information Studies.

A theory that has impacted my research is Radical Change Theory, developed by Eliza T. Dresang and included in the book “Theories of Information Behavior”. The theory explains contemporary information resources and behaviors through the digital age concepts of Interactivity, Connectivity, and Access.

The theory of Radical Change drove the research questions of my dissertation study, and the study findings informed and further developed the original theory. The study results include the development of a typology of digital age youth information behavior, which are operationalizations of the theory's core concepts. In sum, I tried to demonstrate a dialectic relationship between information behavior theory and empirical research, by applying and further developing an existing, relatively new theory in the field.

I'll post my answer to the SIG USE Facebook page as well, and look forward to hearing other's work & theory use, too!

Best wishes,

Kyungwon

Kyungwon Koh
kwk05 at fsu.edu
http://2007.ispace.ci.fsu.edu/~kwk05
Doctoral Candidate and Teaching Assistant
School of Library and Information Studies; College of Communication and Information
Florida State University

On Apr 19, 2011, at 1:27 PM, ALBRIGHT, KENDRA wrote:

> Dear SIG Use Discussion List Participants,
> SIG USE now has a committee to help generate discussion around issues of interest to the SIG.  Jenna Hartel, Amelia Gibson and I will be posting questions along the way to help us get started.
>
> Here is a question that was posted on the SIG USE Facebook page:
>
> What theories of information behavior have an impact in your work?
>
> Let us hear about your work and the theories you consider important and relevant.
>
> Best wishes,
> Kendra
> --
> Kendra Albright, Ph.D.
> University of South Carolina

> 2008 Annual Meeting
> People Transforming Information - Information Transforming People
> October 24-29, 2008, Columbus, Ohio

Kyungwon Koh