[Siguse-l] SIG USE Activities and Events for ASIS&T AM in Pittsburgh

Rieh, Soo Young rieh at umich.edu
Tue Aug 10 12:07:58 EDT 2010

Dear SIG USE Member,

In 2010, we are planning to have a number of activities for the ASIS&T annual meeting in Pittsburgh, October 22-27, 2010.  We are looking forward to having productive events and meetings.

SIG USE Research Symposium
Wednesday, October 27, 2010, Full Day 8:30 am - 3:45 pm in collaboration with SIG SI.

What in the World are We Talking About; Info Needs, Seeking And Use: Key Concepts: Convergences And Divergences -- The Differences That Definitions Make in Core Concepts.

Remember to send your symposium submission between September 1, 2010 and September 25, 2010 to this year's symposium organizers:
Brenda Dervin, Ohio State University. Columbus, USA, dervin.1 at osu.edu
Howard Rosenbaum, Indiana University, Bloomington,USA, hrosenba at indiana.edu
Christine Urquhart, Aberystwyth University, UK, ahcjurquhart at btinternet.com

Full information is available at: http://www.lib.utk.edu/refs/engineering/sigSI_and_sigUSEworkshopASIST_2010_finalREV.pdf

SIG USE Awards
As always, SIG USE offers a number of SIG USE for the ASIS&T 2010 conference. Applications are available via the SIG USE web site [http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGUSE/awards.php] and the deadline for submissions is August 30. The following awards are available: Ph.D. Student Travel Award, Masters Student Travel Award, Elfreda A. Chatman Research proposal Award, Interdisciplinary Travel Awards, Best Information Behavior Conference Paper, Best Information Behavior Poster. If you have any questions about the SIG USE Awards, please contact Dania Bilal [dania at utk.edu<mailto:dania at utk.edu>].

SIG USE Planning Meeting
Join us for a very social event and get involved in SIG USE planning for 2010-2011! Time and location will be announced soon.

Find Your Colleagues & Information in 2nd Life, Twitter, Facebook, and the SIG USE web site
You can meet your colleagues and find updated information in Second Life on ASIS&T Island, http://slurl.com/secondlife/ASIST%20Island/125/130/27, Twitter, facebook. We also announce upcoming events on our SIG USE web site, http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGUSE. The web site provides links to all of these social networking sites.

2010  promises to be another exciting year for SIGUSE members. We are looking forward to meeting you all in Pittsburgh.

Sincerely,

Soo Young Rieh (SIGUSE Chair, 2009-2010) and Lynn Westbrook (SIGUSE Chair Elect)