[Siguse-l] from the communications coordinator

Stephanie Willen Brown stephanie.brown at uconn.edu
Mon Jan 5 13:35:58 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I am the SIG USE communications coordinator, with a goal of enhancing
communication among
us and in the larger ASIS&T community.

Are you in the SIG USE Facebook group?  Feel free to join us at
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19704594464 !

As always, I'm eager to reinvigorate the SIG USE mailing list.  I've got
a couple of posts in
mind, but I'm sending this to all of you to encourage both submission of
posts & responses to posts that are made.

Some posting / communication ideas that were mentioned at the SIG USE
annual meeting include ...
- Information about grants (finding / writing / researching)
- Interesting blog posts
- Course syllabi (sharing, questions about, etc.)
- Information about upcoming events (ALISE, anyone?) which might be of
interest to our colleagues
- Recommendations for good articles (ours or others) on topics of
interest to members.

And I'm sure each of you can think of other ideas too!

I'm going to post to the main ASIS&T mailing list inviting SIG USE
members to join the SIG USE list -- and it'll be great if our list is
buzzing with activity & conversation. :-)

stephanie
  Stephanie Willen Brown
  Library Advisor for Com Sci & Psychology
  Electronic Resource Librarian @ UConn
  860.486.4855
  http://cogscilibrarian.blogspot.com/
  IM: CogSciLibrarian & on Facebook