[Siguse-l] thank you to everyone - SIG USE 10th Anniversary

Heidi Julien Heidi.Julien at ualberta.ca
Wed Dec 2 16:04:42 EST 2009

Agreed! Extremely well done, and sincerely appreciated, Crystal.

Cheers,

Heidi

At 11:20 AM 02/12/2009, Barbara Wildemuth wrote:
>On behalf of all the members of SIG USE, I want to especially thank Crystal
>for coordinating all the 10th anniversary activities. As someone who didn't
>have to do very much work for it, but got to enjoy all the benefits from
>it, I very much appreciate the way that Crystal approached this
>many-faceted endeavor and pulled it all of in great style!
>
>Thanks, Crystal!
>
>Barbara
>---
>Barbara Wildemuth
>SILS, UNC-CH
>wildem at ils.unc.edu
>

>--On Monday, November 16, 2009 9:00 PM +0000 Crystal Fulton
><crystal.fulton at ucd.ie> wrote:
>

> > Dear SIG USE Members,
> >

> > I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped make our
> > SIG USE 10th anniversary celebration a great success.   And special
> > thanks to everyone who participated on committees, helped on teams for
> > organizing particular events, and attended events.
> >

> > SIG USE had many notable achievements this year, among which were the
> > following:
> >

> >   • A 10th anniversary panel session, which featured a highly
> > participatory and spirited Fishbowl dialogue.  125+ attendees!
> >   • A smashing birthday celebration at our SIG USE evening reception,
> > complete with birthday cake
> >   • The establishment of our Academy of SIG USE Fellows, to which we
> > have now inducted our first 10 Fellows
> >   • A terrific symposium on the theme of collaboration
> >   • The first SIG to have a presence and streaming events in Second
> > Life at ASIS&T
> >   • Lots of social networking and news shared via Twitter, Facebook,
> > our web site, and the SIG USE discussion list.  If you haven't joined
> > us in one of these venues, please do consider it now!
> >

> > Planning activities are ongoing in the capable hands of our new SIG USE
> > officers:
> >

> > Chair:  Soo Young Rieh, University of Michigan
> >
> > Chair-elect: Lynn Westbrook, University of Texas at Austin
> >
> > Treasurer: Sanda Erdelez, University of Missouri-Columbia
> >
> > Jury Awards Chair: Dania Bilal, University of Tennessee
> >
> > Communications Coordinator: Stephanie Willen Brown, Park Library,
> > University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
> >
> > Webmaster: Tawnya Means, University of Florida
> >
> > Second Life Coordinator: Diane Nahl, University of Hawaii at Manoa
> >
> > SIG Cabinet Representative &SIG USE Communications Team: Sean Goggins,
> > Drexel University
> >

> > We've had a great year!  And we have our upcoming 10th anniversary of
> > our SIG USE symposium, as well as many more activities, to look forward
> > to in 2010.  I hope you will all consider getting involved and helping
> > our planning team.
> >

> > Best wishes,
> >

> > Crystal
> >

> > Dr. Crystal Fulton
> > Past Chair of SIG USE
> > UCD School of Information and Library Studies (SILS)
> > University College Dublin
> [...]

Heidi Julien, Ph.D.
Professor and Graduate Coordinator, SLIS
Editor, Canadian Journal of Information and Library Science
School of Library and Information Studies
University of Alberta
3-20 Rutherford South
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2J4
Ph: 780 492 3934  Fax: 780 492 2430