[Siguse-l] correction!workshop notice for asist mailing list (fwd)

rhill at asis.org rhill at asis.org
Mon Mar 6 07:45:46 EST 2006

               Call for Contributions and Participation in

                2nd International Workshop on Digital Genre
                            June 15-16, 2006

                        Halmstad University, Sweden

This is the second international workshop to explore the world of Digital
genre, from both the theoretical and practical aspects. In the 1st
workshop held at Dalhousie University, Canada, we explored E-News from the
perspectives of design issues and challenges. In particular, we explored
the impact of current work on genre and news delivery, user profiles,
task, and future tehnologies. This year we are expanding the discussion to
other application areas including web searching, tourism, management
information, new media, blogs and digital libraries.

Interested people can submit to the following categories, by March 31, 2006:
    - position papers - 2-5 pages for web and printed proceedings
    - posters - one page abstract
    - participation - one paragraph to 1 page  statement of interest.

All submissions should be emailed to Carina.ihlstrom at ide.hh.se

For more information contact the workshop organizers Carina Ihlstrom,
University of Halmstad, and
Carolyn Watters (watters at cs.dal.ca), Dalhousie University, Halifax,
Canada, or check the
workshop website   *http://digitalgenre.hh.se*