[Siguse-l] classifying & coding users' online actions

Eszter Hargittai eszter at Princeton.EDU
Fri May 7 11:41:18 EDT 2004

Hi,

I thought the following paper may be of interest to SIG USE members.  I
had presented some related work at the Measuring Search Behaviors meeting
a couple of years ago.  People there had expressed interest in the coding
and classification scheme I would be using in the project so I thought I'd
let you know it has now been published.  It's a very elaborate scheme with
over 100 codes, but it is classified by types of actions and can be used
in a more simplified manner depending on the researcher's needs.

Hargittai, E. 2004. Classifying and Coding Online Actions.
Social Science Computer Review. 22(2):210-227. Summer.