[Siguse-l] RE: Sig use newsletter

Eszter Hargittai eszter at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Thu Mar 27 11:04:07 EST 2003

Hi Everyone,

I agree with Sanda's suggestions. I, too, would like to see information
about people's research and the specific parameters she outlined sounded
good.  I guess one thing I would add is that I would be interested in
hearing about recent projects as well, that is, ones that may not be
ongoing right now but are relevant to the SIG's focus.

My "home" or "base" discipline is not IS so pretty much anything about the
field will be interesting to me, but I realize that may not be the case
for others.

Another idea is for people to report on conferences they've been to other
than the ASIST annual meeting (and whatever else may be standard in the
field) which they have found helpful for our research area.

I would also appreciate hearing about journals where people have published
or where people have read relevant pieces.  Then again, I guess we can
figure that out from bibliographies.

Finally, at some point it may be interesting to see pieces on how other
fields overlap with IS.  My training is in Sociology and I will be
teaching in a Communication department.. I've been amazed at how little
dialogue there is between some fields that clearly have so much overlap in
research interest.

Eszter

---
Eszter Hargittai http://www.eszter.com