[Sigsti-l] Welcome to SIG/STI planning meeting at ASIST 09

John D'Ignazio jadignaz at syr.edu
Wed Oct 28 09:52:38 EDT 2009

Hi STIers:

For those not coming to the Annual Meeting, your agenda item
suggestions are also welcome -- we can represent your ideas or
concerns by proxy.

I have an agenda item to suggest: the issue of our disappearing travel
awards. Before the time that I got involved in the SIG there were,
according to our website, travel awards sponsored by two separate
companies to send people to the annual meeting. Now we are down to
zero. What are the causes and impact of this withdrawal of support? Is
it important for the SIG to have a travel support program? If so,
what's a plan for the SIG to find sponsors?

Cheers,
John D'Ignazio
outgoing chair

John D'Ignazio
IMLS research assistant / doctoral student
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University