[Sigsti-l] Internship/ fellowship programs at your library?

Deborah L. Helman dhelman at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 27 13:44:10 EST 2003

Hi,

The MIT Engineering and Science Libraries are currently looking into
developing an internship/fellowship program focused on Engineering &
Science Librarianship.  To help inform us we were hoping that those of you
with experience with such programs could answer a few questions.  So, if
you have a library internship or fellowship program at your institution
please answer the following questions.  Also, if you know of organizations
that have such programs please let us know that as well.

Please respond directly to me.  Thanks in advance!!!

1)  Is it tied to a library school program?
2)  Is it paid?  If so, where does the funding come from?
3)  What is the length of the program?
4)  Is it full-time/ part-time?
5)  What are the goals of the program?
6)  Is your program is subject-oriented?
7)  What activities/tasks do the interns/fellows participate in?
8)  Who in your library is responsible for the interns/fellows?
9)  General comments about your experiences...