[Sigsti-l] SIG STI officers needed!

K. T. Vaughan kt_vaughan at ncsu.edu
Mon Oct 28 11:05:49 EST 2002

Hi all -

Are you looking forward to the conference?  We have just a few weeks
before we get together for fun and learning (or something) ... so, more
announcements from your Chair:

If you are interested in serving as an officer of the SIG, or would like
to nominate someone else to do so, please let me know either by email or
in person at the conference (preferably before the planning meeting, see
below).  WE ARE IN NEED OF A CHAIR-ELECT for 2002/03.  Please don't make
Julie and me strong-arm someone into doing it, as I did to Julie last
year.

Our planning meeting will be Tuesday the 19th from noon to 1pm in "Room
A".  We do most of our panel planning for next year's ('03) conference
during this brown-bag (or whatever) time, as well as spend some time
together noshing.  We also formally elect officers then, so we need
people who aren't officers to show up so that we're not voting for
ourselves.  :)  I really enjoy the planning meeting, so if you think
you'd like to participate in panels for next year, or just want to see
what's going on, please come.  The schedule for Tuesday's planning
meetings is on the web at
http://web.utk.edu/~gwhitney/sigplanroomstues02.html (the Monday
schedule is linked from there), so if you're interested in other SIGs
(particularly if you'll tout STI, of course), you might want to check
out their meeting times and see if you can make them.

See you in a few weeks!

KT Vaughan
ASIST SIG/STI Chair