[Sigmetrics] Global and average Impact Factors

Stephen J Bensman notsjb at lsu.edu
Tue Oct 24 12:21:21 EDT 2017

What Isidro has revealed here is that the impact factor as theoretically developed by Garfield has become fundamentally misunderstood.  Garfield's impact factor was based on the theory that structure of science was based on the important role played by the review article and journal.  What Isidro has shown here is that impact factor is now just mathematical games based on the mean and not the skew.  In other words Garfield is now theoretically dead, having lived too long.  He is not incorporated but dead in all senses of the word.

This probably won't go through because this listserv distrusts me for some reason.

Stephen J. Bensman

Louisiana State University.