[Sigmetrics] WG: [Sig-l] SIG support opportunities!

Isabella Peters ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Wed Jul 19 13:08:10 EDT 2017

FYI

Von: Sig-l [mailto:sig-l-bounces at asist.org] Im Auftrag von Unsworth,Kristene
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. Juli 2017 21:05
An: sig-l at asis.org
Betreff: [Sig-l] SIG support opportunities!

Hi all,

You've served your SIG community and now we're calling on you to serve the
entire SIG population.  Please consider running for the Deputy Director
position.  The SIG Steering Committee is looking for past officers who value
the SIG community and want to lead its most effective work.

The position is extremely well supported; Deputy Directors spend a year
learning the ropes from the current Director followed by their own year as
Director.  The Past Director provides advice and assistance so that everyone
the team has colleagues helping in each responsibility.

We currently have three working groups investigating potential growth in SIG
officer training, policy development, and awards.  During the Deputy
Director's 3-year participation in SIG administration, these and other
initiatives will be reviewed, completed, and - if appropriate - postponed.
Working with the Director and Past Director, the Deputy Director will
develop and manage services of value to all SIGs.

Please consider running for this vital position.  We need nominees with
dedication to all SIGs, creativity to help grow SIGs' plans, ability to
represent the SIG community within the full ASIS&T community, and ability to
work effectively with the other two Directors.

Please contact Lynn Westbrook (Past Director) with any questions or your
offer to volunteer.  We intend to close the call for nominees in mid-August.

Best regards,

Lynn Westbrook

Lynn Westbrook, Associate Professor

School of Information