[Sigmetrics] New KBS Research Event: The Future of Research Assessment Peer Review vs. Metrics
ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Tue Apr 18 08:38:44 EDT 2017
***On behalf of John Mingers***
New KBS Research Event: The Future of Research Assessment Peer Review vs. Metrics
16 January 2017
KBS has announced a series of new research events, known as Kent Business School Debates.
The launch event, which takes place in May 2017, will feature lively discussions around the future of research assessment. All are invited to attend.
In 2015 <http://www.hefce.ac.uk/pubs/rereports/Year/2015/metrictide/Title,104463,en.html> The Metric Tide concluded that “peer review, despite its flaws and limitations, continues to command widespread support across disciplines” and that “metrics should support, not supplant, expert judgement.”
In an age of galloping technological change and increasing pressure on research funding, the debate will focus on whether this conclusion remains valid.
High-profile speakers who will debate this conclusion include:
· <https://www.linkedin.com/in/lizziejallen1> Dr Liz Allen, Faculty 1000
· <http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/socialsciences/staff/eleonora-belfiore/> Prof Eleonora Belfiore, Loughborough University
· <http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/business/staff/profile.aspx?ReferenceId=19735&> Prof Paul Edwards, University of Birmingham
· <http://www.harzing.com/> Prof Anne-Wil Harzing, Middlesex University
· <https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/staffmembers/theodorus-van-leeuwen> Dr Thed van Leeuwen, Leiden University
· <http://www.leydesdorff.net/> Prof Loet Leyedsdorff, University of Amsterdam
· <https://www.kent.ac.uk/kbs/our-staff/profiles/mingers_john.html> Prof John Mingers, University of Kent
The event takes place from 10:00 to 16:00 on Tuesday 30 May 2017, and will take place in <https://www.kent.ac.uk/kbs/about/developments/canterbury/> The Sibson Building, the new state-of-the-art academic home for <https://www.kent.ac.uk/kbs/> Kent Business School on the <https://www.kent.ac.uk/maps/canterbury/canterbury-campus> Canterbury campus.
The event is free to attend and includes lunch and refreshments.
For more information and registration go to:
John Mingers | Professor in OR and Systems
Kent Business School | University of Kent
+44 (0)1227 824008 | <mailto:J.Mingers at kent.ac.uk> J.Mingers at kent.ac.uk
New book, published 2014: <http://www.amazon.co.uk/Systems-Thinking-Critical-Realism-Philosophy/dp/0415519535> “Systems Thinking, Critical Realism and Philosophy: A Confluence of Ideas”, <http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415519533/> Routledge
Prof. Dr. Isabella Peters
Professor of Web Science
Kiel University (CAU Kiel)
Institute for Computer Science
Department Web Science (R. 506)
T: +49 431 880-7286
E: ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Web: <http://www.ws.informatik.uni-kiel.de/en/research> http://www.ws.informatik.uni-kiel.de/en/research
ZBW Leibniz Information Center for Economics
Düsternbrooker Weg 120
E: i.peters at zbw.eu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SIGMETRICS