[Sigmetrics] Professional and Citizen Bibliometrics; preprint version

gopal at annauniv.edu gopal at annauniv.edu
Thu Sep 22 03:01:02 EDT 2016

Dear All,

I am sorry for the delayed response. I am trying to catch up on this thread.

The paper makes an interesting reading.

I wonder how the "following statement" at the beginning of the paper is
scoped in the gamut of scientometrics / bibliometrics.

(the authors contributed equally)

Observation #1:

We need to differentiate the terms Citizen / Denizen / Netizen.

“If we citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our
imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in
nothing and having worthless dreams.”
                                    – Yann Martel, the author of Life of Pi

Observation #2:

India has a Citizens' Charter. To the best of my knowledge, it is not
legally enforceable and, therefore, is non-justiciable. However, it is a
systematic commitment of the Organisation towards its Citizens in respects
of Standard of Services, Information, Choice and Consultation,
Non-discrimination and Accessibility, Grievance Redress, Courtesy and
Value for Money. It also outlines the expectations from the Citizen
towards the given organization.

How do we factor such provisions in the Scientometrics / Bibliometrics ?

Your thoughts...

Warmest Regards

Gopal T V
0 9840121302