[Sigmetrics] Open position in Information Extraction / Text Mining
Peter.Mutschke at gesis.org
Mon Nov 28 07:49:02 EST 2016
GESIS - Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is the largest infrastructure institu-tion for the Social Sciences in Germany. The GESIS department "Knowledge Tech-nologies for the Social Sciences" (WTS) is focused on advancing digital services for the Social Sciences on the basis of novel knowledge technologies. To ensure a high quality of GESIS services WTS is carrying out research in Information Retrieval and Semantic Web.
For the EU-funded project "Open Mining Infrastructure for Text and Data (OpenMinTeD)" we are looking for a
Research Associate (f/m) in the field of Information Extraction / Text Mining
(salary group TV-L EG 13, up to 100%, limited to May 31, 2018)
at our location in Cologne, by February 1, 2017.
Your tasks will be:
· Development of services for mining scientific publications (named entity recogni-tion and disambiguation, recognition of data citations, topic detection, automatic categorization, extraction of key messages, context-sensitive searches)
* Evaluation of Text Mining services with users,
* Integration of the services in Information Retrieval systems,
* Research in the area of Text Mining and Information Retrieval,
* Cooperation with OpenMinTeD partners,
* Publication of project results.
* Excellent university degree in computer science or comparable field,
* Very good knowledge and experience in Text Mining, Natural Language Pro-cessing and Information Retrieval
* Solid experience in software development with Java, Web- and XML-technologies, database and search technologies,
* High degree of problem solving and communication skills as well as team capa-bilities,
* Willingness to travel and to cooperate with project partners,
* Good knowledge in spoken and written German and English.
We support your career development. Information about career paths and opportunities can be found here. <http://www.gesis.org/en/institute/career/> GESIS guarantees that guidelines regarding employment laws for the disabled and handicapped as well as laws and regulations governing part-time employment will be ob-served. GESIS promotes the professional equality for wom-en and men and is certified by the European work & family audit.
We only process online applications. Please apply here until December 16, 2016. <https://www.hidden-professionals.de/HP/P_shorts/Now_Candid.aspx?jo=129118>
The number is WTS-43
Job adversitement at GESIS website: http://www.gesis.org/en/institute/jobs-at-gesis/job-details/news/detail/News/research-associate-fm-in-the-field-of-information-extraction-text-mining-salary-group-tv-l-eg/
Acting Head of Department
Dep. Knowledge Technologies for the Social Sciences
GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences
Unter Sachsenhausen 6-8
Tel.: +49(0)221 / 47694 -500
Mail: peter.mutschke at gesis.org<mailto:peter.mutschke at gesis.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SIGMETRICS