[Sigmetrics] Online petition and support letters to prevent closure of Department of Information Science at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf

Andrea Scharnhorst andrea.scharnhorst at dans.knaw.nl
Sun Jan 24 08:18:57 EST 2016

Dear Stefanie,
This is a nightmare! Duesseldorf has always been special by bridging between ‘traditional' information science (in Germany the Information Documentation Community), information professionals and new areas in the information sciences, such as altmetrics and semantic web. I have sign the petition, and will send a letter tomorrow.

Dear colleagues,
I realise that this call for support comes on very short notice. But, I would like to join Stefanie’s call. In the ASIST sigmetrics group, alumni of this university are continuously very active. Many ASIST members will know Wolfgang Stock and might still remember his and Isabella’s presentation about German information science at the ASIST history workshop! Please make time and give your support! The closing of this department not only effects Duesseldorf, or Germany – it effects us all.

Greetings
Andrea Scharnhorst
Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences