[Sigmetrics] Improvements in Google Scholar Citations: creating an institutional affiliation link feature

Emilio Delgado López-Cózar edelgado at ugr.es
Wed Sep 16 04:50:04 EDT 2015

Just a few weeks ago, in late August, Google introduced a new feature
in Google Scholar Citations, a.k.a. Google Scholar Profiles. Now, just
clicking on the name of the institution we can identify all scholars
belonging to an organization as well as the global scientific interest
and thematic focus of the corresponding institution. We definitely
welcome this new initiative that represents an improvement in the
product since it allows having a new and easy way to search information
from scholars belonging to a specific institution. Previously, specific
searches by the institution name or the email domain in the open box
were required for this, a tedious and very unfriendly process.

Always vigilant to the changes Google introduces in its products, we
have prepared a report where we explore the current implementation of
this new feature, pointing out its merits as well as its flaws. You may
access the report from

http://googlescholardigest.blogspot.com.es/2015/09/improvements-in-google-scholar.html

Emilio Delgado López-Cózar
EC3 Research Group: Evaluación de la Ciencia y de la Comunicación
Científica
Facultad de Comunicación y Documentación
Universidad de Granada
http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=es&user=kyTHOh0AAAAJ

Dubitando ad veritatem pervenimus (Cicerón, De officiis. A. 451...)
Contra data non argumenta
A fructibus eorum cognoscitis eos (San Mateo 7, 16)