[Sigmetrics] Fwd: JMLA articles of interest

Lauren Young fyi.jmla at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 15:11:19 EST 2015

The Journal of the Medical Library Association would like to share the
following articles, which are free to read on PubMed Central in issue
103(3), July 2015:

*Starting the data conversation: informing data services at an academic
health sciences library*
Kevin B. Read, MLIS., MAS, Alisa Surkis, PhD, MLS, Catherine Larson, MS,
Aileen McCrillis, MS., MPH., AHIP, Alice Graff, Joey Nicholson, MLIS., MPH,
and Juanchan Xu, MD., MS

"The authors, located in an academic health sciences library, completed a
series of interviews as a means to assess their research community and the
challenges that the researchers face when collecting, managing, storing,
and preserving their research data. These interviews were also designed to
build connections with the researcher community. They were intended to
provide valuable information to plan the development of library products
and services, including an institutional data catalog to describe
researchers’ datasets created at the medical center, and led to the
development of a tool to help basic science labs better manage their
research data."

*Retraction policies of top scientific journals ranked by impact factor*
David B. Resnik, JD., PhD, Elizabeth Wager, PhD, and Grace E. Kissling, PhD

"The authors emailed the editors of the top 200 science journals ranked by
Journal Citation Reports impact factor for the year 2012 [13]. [...] In the
email, we asked the editors to provide us with information about their
retraction policies (if any). We sent a reminder email if we did not
receive a response. We developed a system for coding the responses based on
how well journal policies complied with the COPE guidelines."

Read these and other quality, peer-reviewed JMLA articles @
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/journals/93/

Thank you!
Lauren

--
Lauren M. Young, MLIS, MA, AHIP
Associate Editor for Social Media Dissemination
fyi.jmla at gmail.com