[Sigmetrics] altmetrics15 | deadline extension: 8 September

Stefanie Haustein haustein.stefanie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 10:39:19 EDT 2015

*Appologies for cross-posting.*

*altmetrics15: 5 years in, what do we know?*

*altmetrics15 *is a follow-up to the successful *altmetrics11*,
*altmerics12* and *altmetrics14 *workshops and will encourage collaboration
and cross-pollination between altmetrics research and practice, combining
academic presentations with group discussions. The workshop is co-organized
with the 2nd Altmetrics Conference 2:AM <http://altmetricsconference.com>
and will take place on* 9 October 2015* at the Amsterdam Science Park.

We are soliciting empirical and theoretical contributions for short
presentations and as a basis for discussion groups, which will be the main
focus of the workshop. Submissions can focus on empirical analyses, novel
theoretical frameworks, original datasets or represent a position paper and
should be submitted as an extended abstract (max 1,000 words) via EasyChair
<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=altmetrics15> by *8 September 2015
*(extended).

While an abstract is not a requirement to attend the workshop, we strongly
encourage prospective participants to submit a contribution to seed the
discussions. All accepted submissions will be made available via the
workshop website prior to the workshop. A limited number of contributions
will be selected for short presentations.

More information can be found at http://altmetrics.org/altmetrics15 and
https://twitter.com/altmetrics15.

*Judit Bar-Ilan*, Bar-Ilan University, Israel
*Rodrigo Costas*, CWTS Leiden University
*Paul Groth*, Elsevier Labs, Netherlands
*Stefanie Haustein*, Université de Montréal, Canada
*Isabella Peters*, ZBW Leibniz Information Center for Economics and
Christian Albrechts University Kiel, Germany
*Dario Taraborelli*, Wikimedia Foundation, USA