CitNetExplorer

Eck, N.J.P. van ecknjpvan at CWTS.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Wed Mar 12 12:35:05 EDT 2014

Dear Obinna,

The easiest way to work with CitNetExplorer is to use data from Web of Science. Based on Web of Science data, CitNetExplorer is able to directly construct a citation network. You don't need to do anything yourself. Of course, when using Web of Science data, only OA journals indexed in Web of Science are included. However, CitNetExplorer is not restricted to Web of Science data. If you want, you can construct a citation network based on any data source you have available and then input this citation network into CitNetExplorer.

Best regards,

Nees Jan van Eck

-----Original Message-----
From: ASIS&T Special Interest Group on Metrics [mailto:SIGMETRICS at LISTSERV.UTK.EDU] On Behalf Of Obinna B. Ojemeni
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 4:08 PM
To: SIGMETRICS at LISTSERV.UTK.EDU
Subject: Re: [SIGMETRICS] CitNetExplorer

Dear All,
I would like to know if CitNetExplorer also covers non-ISI indexed OA journals as well. And does it also cover authors from developing countries? Please I need it for my dissertation.
Best Regards,

Obinna Ojemeni
Postgraduate Student,
Africa Regional Centre for Information Science (ARCIS),
University of Ibadan,
Nigeria.
Sent from my BlackBerry(r) wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.