Citation analysis with Medline and WoS

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Tue Mar 11 06:53:11 EDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

One of our colleagues mentioned to me that the Medline and the Science
Citation Index (SCI) at http://www.leydesdorff.net/medline (Leydesdorff &
Opthof, 2013) was broken because of the new user-interfaces at the Web of
Science. I restored the functionality for core fields such as the title
(ti), times cited (tc), the PubMed identifier PMID, and the accession
numbers (UT) for the SCI.

The new routine (mh2wos2.exe) writes also a file wos.txt that one can use
for an advanced search in the SCI, for retrieving the same set as retrieved
from Medline (insofar as included in the SCI).

If  you wish more fields to be included, please, let me know offline.

Best,

Loet

Reference:

Leydesdorff, L., & Opthof, T. (2013). Citation analysis with Medical Subject
Headings (MeSH) using the web of knowledge: a new routine. Journal of the
American Society for Information Science and Technology, 64(5), 1076-1080.

  _____

Loet Leydesdorff

Professor Emeritus, University of Amsterdam

 <mailto:loet at leydesdorff.net> loet at leydesdorff.net ;
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/> http://www.leydesdorff.net/
Honorary Professor,  <http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru/> SPRU, University of
Sussex; Visiting Professor,  <http://www.istic.ac.cn/Eng/brief_en.html>